HORSLEY U3A WALKING GROUP WEBSITE
The current membership of this group is 37 but the largest number walking at any one time so far was 22. A number of members who wish to keep their names on the register have either not yet walked with the group at all or not for some time. New members are always very welcome.
As the U3A is a “self-help” group experienced walkers are asked, during the year, to lead a walk of their choice accompanied by someone to act as back markerGuidance as given by the U3A Walking Adviser is that members should:
- know their own capabilities and limitations:
- walk behind the leader and stay with the group at all times;
- if they have an underlying health problem, to carry with them any medication that may be needed and ensure that a companion or the leader of the walk knows what to do;
- carry with them a contact name and telephone number in case of emergency
- wear appropriate walking boots/shoes, wet weather gear or sun hats, as appropriate and carry adequate drinks especially in the warmer weather. The use of walking sticks is also recommended.
To help walkers comply with the above, the walk leader will advise them of the terrain to be covered, the number of stiles to be climbed as well as a reasonable assessment of the distance and likely ground conditions.
To join this group or for further information please contact Jean Sylvester on
01483 283474 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org